A “babymoon” is a somewhat new concept, but totally worth it! It’s a chance to plan out one last vacation before a newborn turns your world upside down. I enjoyed my most recent babymoon in Vegas! You can read all about it here.
Why Choose Las Vegas for your Babymoon?
- Vegas is preggo friendly! We had such a great time; from the service to the food, the attractions, shows, and deals, they’ve got all you need. There is still plenty of fun to be had without drinking. Not to mention, I actually felt relieved to temporarily trade Houston’s sweltering humidity for Nevada’s dry heat… call me crazy.
- People are drawn to the bump! Cutting lines, being approached by celebrities, getting called to the stage at shows. These are just a few examples of the special treatment I got that almost made me want to stay pregnant… Almost!
- With all of the legitimate concern about the Zika virus, my top priority was vacationing somewhere with low risk for infection. As recent as June 2, 2017, Las Vegas mosquitos have tested negative for Zika. You can find out more about the Zika virus and infected locations here.
4 Keys To A Fantastic Babymoon
- GO WHERE YOU ARE COMFORTABLE. I for one knew that I was not up for a long plane or car ride while preggo. Cramped spaces, feet swelling, no space to lay flat. No thanks! Close destination, please!
- DRINK WATER. The number one reminder my midwife had about my babymoon: Drink plenty of water. Not only because I was headed to the desert but during pregnancy, fluids are even more precious than usual. Your body needs water to form the amniotic fluid, produce extra blood volume, build new tissue, carry nutrients, help indigestion and flush out your wastes and toxins.
- DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY. You may notice I had my face beat and attempted to slay whenever we went out in Vegas. That’s just me! I love when I get the chance to dress up and wear heels since I rarely wear make on a regular day. But not everyone feels up to it during pregnancy and THAT’S OK! Just do what feels right
- PAMPER YOURSELF. So schedule that massage, eat the best foods, try not to let any stress touch your pretty little head. There are many sleepless nights ahead of you, do your best to relax now.
There you have it. Try not to stress over the planning process of your babymoon, this time is all about you.
Are you thinking about taking a babymoon? What are your top picks for a babymoon destination?
About the Author
Onyi is a young Physician Assistant and mom of 2. Her blog Sincerelyonyi.com was created to document her journey balancing life as a working mom, empowering women in medicine, and helping other Millenials maintain a marriage that flourishes. You can find more of Onyi on her Instagram account!