Is your family getting bigger like ours, which has you looking for a three-row SUV? Then, you are in luck! I am sharing The Best Three-Row Luxury SUVs for Growing Families. These SUVs will have you riding to the school drop-off lines in style and comfort, as well as enjoy comfortable family road trips.
After driving one, I’ve deemed the Cadillac Escalade the ultimate road-tripping SUV for families that are always on the go like ours. The pilot seats make the rear accessible, as well as easy installation of additional car seats. The seats are super comfortable, especially for long rides.
Why I love it
- Can seat between 7-8 people depending on the trim level
- Second-row captains chairs can accommodate car seats with LATCH seat connections
- Enough cargo space to accommodate families that travel
- Wifi capabilities make keeping up with business easier while on the road
- Larger SUV but doesn’t feel like you’re driving a bus
Related: 2019 Cadillac Escalade: Why You Want a Luxury SUV
Cadillac Escalade Trim Level & Cost
The 2020 Escalade has a starting price of $75,195 and comes in four trim levels: Standard, Luxury, Premium Luxury, and Platinum. The same powertrain is in every model. Four-wheel drive can be added to any trim for $3,000. It is also available as the extra-long Escalade ESV, which adds $3,000 to the price tag.
The Volvo XC90 is my dream “mom car”. I’m stoked that the 2019 version comes standard with three rows enabling it to accommodate up to 7 passengers. It is one of the best luxury SUVs due to its safety ratings, and it doesn’t lack in aesthetics. It’s a great-looking SUV.
Why I love it
- Safety; Insurance Institute for Highway Safety awarded the XC90 the highest rating of Good in five individual crash tests. It earned the best rating of Superior for its front crash prevention features
- 7-passenger seating is standard in the 2019 models
- Cargo space; There are 15.8 cubic feet of space behind the last row of seats, and 41.8 cubic feet with the third row folded down, and you gain almost double the space with both the second and third rows folded down.
- Fuel economy; 21 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway
Volvo XC90 Trim Levels and Cost
The 2019 Volvo XC90 offers three powertrain options and four trim levels: XC90 Momentum ($47,200), XC90 R-Design ($54,450), XC90 Inscription ($61,750), and the four-seater XC90 Excellence ($105,000).
Related: Volvo XC90 Review: The SUV That Makes The Carpool Less Painful
The Acura MDX is probably one of the highest-ranking luxury SUVs with third-row seating that doesn’t have an insanely high price tag. It is stylish and spacious and great for growing families.
Why I love it
- Three (3) sets of LATCH car-seat connections
- Fuel efficiency; it gets 20 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway
- It excelled in safety crash tests; 5/5 from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Can seat 6 or 7 depending on if you get 2nd-row captain’s chairs
Acura MDX Trim Levels and Cost
The Acura MDX is a luxury SUV that has a base price of $44,300. It doesn’t have multiple trim levels like other luxury SUVs; however, there are packages and added options that are available for purchase that add more technology and entertainment that the base model doesn’t have.
Related: The Performance Family 3-Row SUV
BMW has finally added a 7 passenger SUV to its line of luxury SUVs. Some say this is comparable to the Volvo XC90 as far as appearance and roominess go. Similarly, it seats 6 or 7 passengers. It has all of the bells and whistles you would expect in a BMW like intuitive safety options. Check out my Instagram stories to view the interior and a few gadgets.
Why I love it
- Seats that fold with a push of a button, which comes in handy when you have bags, a kid or a car seat in your hand
- Great for road trips; there’s FOUR, yes four (4) USB ports, which means kids can connect and charge their devices on the go without fighting
- Monitor’s the health and alertness of the driver, which comes in handy during long road trips, and it is time to switch drivers.
- Some of the best EPA-estimated mpg for a large luxury SUV; 20 mpg city and 25 mpg highway
BMW X7 Trim Levels and Cost
The 2019 BMW X7 comes in two trims: xDrive40i and xDrive50i. It, of course, comes with a BMW price tag; it has a starting price of $73,900.
Related: BMW X7: THE NEW GO-TO FOR RED CARPETS, 5-STAR VALETS AND THE AFTER-SCHOOL PICK-UP LANE
On Long Island, the Audi Q7 is one of the most popular luxury SUVs with a third row, and for great reasons. It is a roomy mid-sized SUV that is great for families due to its superior combination of cargo and passenger space, safety, and reliability ratings.
Why I love it
- Five (5) sets of LATCH car-seat connections
- Hands-free liftgate
- Rear sunshades to keep the sun from interrupting kids’ naps
- Three-zone climate control; driver, front passenger, and rear passengers can adjust their own temperatures
Audi Q7 Trim Levels and Cost
The Audi Q7 comes in four different trim levels: Premium, Premium Plus, and Prestige. The base price of the lowest trim level comes in at around $53,550. Adding most major options to the Q7’s highest trim pushes its price to more than $92,000.
Related: THE BIGGEST SURPRISE IN THE AUDI Q7 3-ROW LUXURY SUV? HOW MUCH YOU GET FOR THE PRICE
Do you remember me being excited about the return of the Lincoln Aviator? It’s a midsize luxury SUV that has three-row seating, making it capable of seating anywhere from 6 to 7 passengers depending on the configurations chosen.
Why I love it
- Safety features like forward collision warning with automated emergency braking and pedestrian detection
- A windshield camera that scans the road for potholes. Long Island parkways are notorious for car damaging potholes
- Perfect Position seats offer 30-way adjustability and massaging capability
- Split PowerFold third row can be easily folded flat with the touch of a button.
Lincoln Aviator Trim Levels and Cost
The 2020 Lincoln Aviator comes in five (5) trim levels: Aviator, Reserve, Grand Touring, Black Label, and Grand Touring Black Label. The starting price of the most basic trim level – Aviator- is $52,19. However, leveling up to the Grand Touring Black Label can cost upwards of $88,895.
Related: 2020 LINCOLN AVIATOR: THIS LUXURY 7 SEATER SUV SETS NEW STANDARDS FOR AMERICAN LUXURY
Another 3-row SUV that is practical for families always on the go is the VW Atlas.
Three Row Luxury SUV Shopping Tip
When shopping for the best 3 row SUV, bring your child’s car seat to see how it fits in the car, and to determine accessibility once the seat is installed.
Related: The Best 7 Seaters for After School Car Pools
Which are your favorite three-row luxury SUVs?