I feel ashamed, as I only recently saw Disney’s Christopher Robin. Why? My daughter’s daycare took her to see it; therefore, I didn’t have an excuse to trek to the theater alone. But, all is well because I’ve finally seen the live-action film where a grown-up Christopher Robin (Ewan McGregor), Winnie the Pooh, and friends.
Disney’s Christopher Robin was well worth the wait. I loved watching Pooh help adult Christopher navigate through his adult life to find his way back to being himself. The young Christopher Robin who was joyful, fun, and curious and loved a good adventure. It reminded me that as a full-time working mom, I shouldn’t let myself get sunken in by the business of adulthood, but to venture out, have fun with my family and friends. That is where joy is, at least for me.
I am happy that Disney’s Christopher Robin will be available on Digital and Movies Anywhere and on Blu-ray™ and DVD on November 6, 2018, on Disney.com. Then I can watch it as many times as I want with my family, and escape being an adult even if it is only for an hour and 40 minutes.
Disney’s Christopher Robin Bonus Features
Disney’s Christopher Robin DVD has several bonus features providing a heartfelt look at the making of “Christopher Robin”, and more.
- In Which … A Movie Is Made for Pooh – Filmmakers and cast share their passion for this story in a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the movie.
- In Which … Pooh Finds His Voice – Discover what it’s like to voice Winne the Pooh, from voice actors Sterling Holloway to Jim Cummings.
- In Which … Pooh and Walt Become Friends – How did Walt Disney and Pooh meet? Take a journey through time to explore the legacy of Walt’s first encounter with Pooh.
- In Which … Pooh and Friends Come to Life – See how Winnie the Pooh and Friends were brought to life as walking and talking stuffed animals in this magical live-action world.
EXCLUSIVE DIGITAL BONUS FEATURE:
In Which … We Were Very Young – Meet the actual, original teddy bear who, along with his best friends, has inspired so much love worldwide for almost a century.
Winnie the Pooh Loves Honey & I Do Too!
Winnie the Pooh loves honey. Although I don’t like to eat is as much as he does, there is something I love about honey too! It is great for skin, especially during the colder months when our skin tends to become dry. Honey can make dull skin glow, hydrate dry skin, and even help with acne. I can see why Pooh loves it so much. A bear does need to ensure his/her fur stays soft and shiny.
Below I am sharing a simple Honey Sugar Scrub I use to help combat dry skin during the colder months.
DIY Honey Sugar Scrub Recipe
1 Tablespoon Honey (preferably raw)
1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- Place the honey and the brown sugar in a small bowl or jar and mix.
- Apply to clean, dry skin (face or areas that need exfoliation and hydration).
- Gently massage into the skin in circular motions avoiding the eye area.
- Rinse well.
- Follow with your favorite toner, serum, and moisturizer.
*Store any remaining scrub in an airtight container.
Thank you, Disney, for partnering with me to share my favorite DIY honey scrub recipe in celebration of the release of Christopher Robin on digital on November 6, 2018.