Encourage your children to learn more about their loved ones with this fun printable. It consists of 20 Questions for Kids to Ask Their Grandparents that will keep the conversation flowing while your little ones learn more about your parents or your partner’s parents.
Learning about loved ones is more important than your children might realize at the moment, but you can prioritize this by providing them with the 20 Questions for Kids to Ask Their Grandparents printable. The printable consists of various questions for children to ask their grandparents before jotting down the answer while their grandparents tell them the information they’re requesting. It’s a fun way to get your little ones to spend time with their elders while making memories and getting a better feel for the family’s history.
When children use this printable while spending time with their grandparents, they’ll have a sheet with 20 different questions displayed on it, such as:
- What did you do for fun as a child?
- What was your first pet?
- Where did you grow up as a child?
These questions are interesting and can spark up some real conversations between your kids and their grandparents.
- First, the children can write the simplified answer down on the sheet of paper beside the question asked.
- Next, they can listen to the wonderful stories that their grandparents will share with them of times before technology was a thing, back when people would depend on the street lights to tell them when it was time to come in for the rest of the night. Your children will be amazed to learn that people existed in times when computers, cell phones, and other technology didn’t exist.
- You may notice your child’s grandparents sharing stories of some of the things they used to do as a child, whether they were playing with jacks, going for nature walks with their loved ones, or even jumping rope. These timeless tales will set your child back to a time when television was only available in black and white, and children were often seen not heard.
Why Your Kids Will Love This Printable
- It allows them to ask questions that they might not have come up with by themselves but would still like to know the answers to as they get to know their grandparents more.
- It encourages children to spend quality time with their grandparents without television or electronics.
- Children can learn how to improve their writing skills and become better at spelling when writing the answers to the questions down on the printable in the specific spot designated for answers.
Supplies Needed to Complete the Printable
You won’t need a lot of supplies for this printable. If you’re planning to have your children fill out the printable, be sure to supply them with a pen or pencil to use. It’s probably best to give them a pencil with an eraser, just in case they mess up and need to erase something before fixing the answer to the question.
Benefits of Asking Grandparents Questions
There are so many benefits that come along with asking grandparents questions. However, these are a few good reasons for children to do so:
- Children can learn about their family history, including where they come from and what life was like for their grandparents. Whether their grandparents are from America or migrated here from another country, kids can learn all about this process while asking different questions.
- It opens the door for more bonding time. No one knows how much time we have left with our elders, so having the kids spend that quality time with their grandparents is priceless.
- It’s an educational experience for children because they’re going to learn many new things that they didn’t know about beforehand. However, it’s often an enjoyable experience for grandparents because it provides them with a bit of extra companionship for the day.
Help Your Children Learn About Loved Ones with the 20 Question for Kids to Ask Grandparents
If you’d like your children to learn more about their ancestors, including their grandparents, be sure to print this 20 question printable out for them to use. Not only can they do this with your parents, but they can also do this with your partner’s parents, gathering all kinds of information on their loved ones. It’s an excellent opportunity to learn, spend time with loved ones, and have fun. The best thing about it is that you won’t need anything else besides the printable with a pencil and eraser for the kids to use.