Visiting a Disney park is a wonderful experience. It’s meeting your favorite characters, enjoying your favorite rides, and then there is the food! Disney is known to have some of the best food. Some things are so good that we just wish we could indulge in them every day. Thank goodness for The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook. Everyone can now bring a bit of that Walt Disney magic into their own kitchens. The book features 100 Disney recipes like the classic Dole Whip and Mickey Pretzels. Even one of my favorites, Clam Chowder, which you’ve seen me make on Instagram is in this book. Boy, was it delicious! And then there’s a sweet and sticky treat: Gaston’s Giant Cinnamon Rolls.
View this post on Instagram
Whatever your favorite Disney food, whether sweet or savory, you’re sure to find a recipe in The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook. Just so you know that these recipes are officially delightful, I’m sharing the Gaston’s Giant Cinnamon Roll Recipe. It’s probably one of the best cinnamon roll recipes out there.
Gaston’s Giant Cinnamon Roll Recipe
Fantasyland, Magic Kingdom is home to one of the best cinnamon rolls around: the Warm Cinnamon Roll. In 2012, Disney Parks upped their game to increase the size of their most -loved cinnamon roll to an 8″ square smothered in frosting and butterscotch topping.t’s large enough for a family to share.
Cinnamon Roll Dough
- 3⁄4 cup salted butter, melted, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 6 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 (1⁄4-ounce) packets active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup room-temperature water
- 2 large eggs
To make the dough:
- Grease a 9″×13″ pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- To make the Dough: In a medium bowl, combine 1⁄2 cup melted butter and milk.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add 2 1⁄2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Add water, eggs, and butter mixture. Using the flat beater attachment, mix until well combined. Add remaining flour 1⁄2 cup at a time while mixing until Dough starts to form a ball.
- Switch to the dough hook attachment and knead Dough on low speed 5 minutes.
- Remove Dough from bowl, sprinkle some flour in bowl, and place Dough back in the same bowl. Let rise 10 minutes in a warm place.
Cinnamon Roll Filling
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
To make Filling:
- In a medium bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter together. Set aside.
- Roll out Dough into a long rectangle, about 3′ × 2′. Spread Filling evenly across the whole surface of the Dough. Starting at short end, roll Dough like a jelly roll. Make a cut in the center of the roll, and then cut about 6″ from the center on either side to make 2 giant rolls.
- Place both rolls swirl-edge down in prepared pan.
- Drizzle remaining 1⁄4 cup melted butter over rolls. Allow rolls to rise at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Bake rolls 20 minutes, then cover loosely with foil and bake another 10 minutes.
Cinnamon Roll Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
To make the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add cream cheese and butter.
- Combine and heat until melted, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in confectioners’ sugar.
- Add vanilla, cream, and salt. Stir, then set aside.
Cinnamon Roll Butterscotch Topping
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make the Butterscotch Topping:
- In a separate medium saucepan over medium heat, add brown sugar, butter, and cream.
- Bring to a boil and boil 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Add salt and vanilla. Set aside.
- To serve, place each giant roll on a large plate.
- Drizzle cream cheese frosting in one direction along each roll’s swirl, then drizzle with butterscotch in the other direction.
To make it easier to find your favorite Disney recipes, the cookbook is organized by park — from Disneyland to Epcot, Hollywood Studios to Disney’s Animal Kingdom. It showcases recipes for some of the amazing foods you can find from Main Street USA to Galaxy’s Edge. With The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook, you can explore every delicious recipe Disney parks have to offer, all without leaving the comfort of your own home.
The book can be purchased on Walmart.com or Amazon.com for $19.99. It makes the perfect gift for any Disney fan. We can’t wait to experiment with more Disney recipes from this book.
What is your favorite Disney food?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. The cookbook was provided for review consideration. All opinions are my own.