With Father’s Day approaching, with the help of my favorite chef, Chef Shani of 71ate Chef, I’ve put together two of the most perfect Father’s Day Brunch Cocktail recipes to complement the brunch you put together for the dad’s in your life. These brunch cocktails are not only delicious but easy to make. Plus, the ingredients can be prepped a day or a few hours ahead. They’re perfect for busy moms like me and they look and taste like a brunch cocktail from a fancy restaurant.
Whether you’re preparing a meal at home or ordering in, here are two cocktail recipes perfect for a Father’s Day Brunch.
Strawberry Basil Sorbet & Rosé Float
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 medium lemon
- Juice of medium 1 lemon
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh chopped Basil
- Basil leaf for garnish
- Mionetto Rosé Prosecco
- Combine sugar and water in a small heavy-bottomed pot.
- Bring to a boil or until all sugar has dissolved. Set aside and cool to room temperature.
- Once the simple syrup has cooled, add the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- In a blender or food processor add the frozen strawberries and simple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- If needed, add the additional 1/2 cup of water to loosen.
- Transfer the purées fruit to a container with a lid. Stir in the chopped basil and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- In your preferred glass, add one scoop of the basil sorbet.
- Pour the Mionetto Rosé Prosecco over the sorbet. Garnish with a piece of fresh basil.
To be honest, due to the pandemic and having an infant I wasn’t sure what to do for Father’s Day. I definitely don’t have the time nor energy to prepare elaborate meals. This time around, I am going to support one of our favorite local black-owned cafes by ordering his favorite brunch meal. Since he loves sorbet, I’ll be whipping up the Strawberry Basil Sorbet & Rosé Float. Because brunch isn’t brunch without a brunch cocktail, right?
Peach Prosecco with Fresh Mint & Ginger
- Peach Puree
- 1 14 oz. can of peaches in its juices OR 2 cups of frozen peaches with 1 cup of water
- Mionetto Prosecco
- Fresh Mint
- Chill your glasses.
- In a blender, purée peaches until smooth. Set aside.
- Grate ginger. Muddle ginger with the juice of one lime, and 3 sprigs of mint.
- Pour peach purée into desired glass.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the muddled mixture.
- Pour the Mionetto Prosecco over purée.
Thank you to Shani, the 71ate Chef for creating these delicious drink recipes. Check her out on Facebook and Instagram.
What are your Father’s Day plans?
Disclosure: Sparkling wine was provided by Mionetto for review purposes. All opinions are my own and are honest.