I feel like I haven’t posted a Foodie Friday recipe in forever. No, I am not starving my family. I still cook, just not as much as I used to. The last grand thing I made was a beef brisket for Christmas. Otherwise, it has been spaghetti with meat sauce, pizza, turkey burgers, chili; nothing special. Coming home to cook a full meal after work really is not on my list of things I want to do anymore – at least for now. I did make a Guilt-Free Shrimp Scampi using Spaghetti Squash the other night, which was really good, easy, and quick!
Here’s the recipe for the Guilt-Free Shrimp Scampi using Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 3 pounds), halved
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 – 4 Fresh Garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 Small Shallot finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Grated Parmesan cheese
in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Add 3/4
cup water and roast until tender when pierced with a knife, about 45 minutes. Let cool.
toss shrimp with 1 teaspoon oil; season with salt, pepper, garlic and shallots.
Roast until cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
and 1 tablespoon oil; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, top with
parsley and Parmesan cheese, and serve with lemon wedges.
was so easy, and delicious. I could eat it every day! It’s also a good dish to
serve during the warmer months.