This back to school supply post contains affiliate links. I was provided Post-It Notes and Crayola products to facilitate review. All opinions are my own and are honest.
With the first day of school just two weeks away, I can officially say that we have a 2nd grader. It is sad to see her growing up so quickly, but I am proud of the student she is and is becoming. I can’t wait to see what this 2018-2019 school year will bring. But one thing that I don’t look forward to every school year is the school supply list and shopping for the items. Why does the list seem to get longer and longer as they progress in school? I can’t be the only parent who feels that way.
I’m sharing my daughter’s Back to School Supply Shopping List for 2nd Grade, along with a printable list for you to bring along during your shopping trips. If you’re like me and hate visiting stores, you can order these items right online.
- 1 Bookbag (http://www.target.com)
- 6 Marble Composition notebooks (52 cents at target.com)
- 5 Folders with pockets (http://www.amazon.com)
1 Red Folder – labeled Homework
1 Yellow Folder – labeled Math
1 Blue Folder – labeled Science
1 Green Folder – labeled Word Study
1 Black Folder – labeled Reading
- 8 boxes of 12 Pre-Sharpened pencils with erasers (amazon.com)
- 2 large glue sticks (amazon.com)
- 2 boxes of crayons (http://www.target.com)
- 1 box of thick water-based, colored markers (http://www.target.com)
- 1 box of thin water-based colored markers (http://www.target.com)
- 1 pair of scissors (http://www.amazon.com)
- 1 ruler (inches and centimeters) (http://www.amazon.com)
- 1 highlighter (http://www.amazon.com)
- 6 packages of Post-It Notes (http://www.target.com)
- 2 boxes of tissues (http://www.amazon.com)
- 1 container of baby wipes (http://www.target.com)
- 1 box of gallon-sized Ziploc bags (Girls only) (http://www.target.com)
- 1 box of quart-sized Ziploc bags (Boys only) (http://www.target.com)
- 8 manila folders (http://www.target.com)
Thankfully, a lot of the school supplies listed on her 2nd grade school supply list we already have, which makes shopping this school year a lot less stressful.
I am excited for these cute new Post-it notes, especially Post-It Note Pop-up Camera Dispenser for her to keep on her homework desk in her room. She, of course, loves the emoji and Waffle Syrup Post-It Notes.
Crayola has some pretty awesome back to school supply products too! Their Crayons and markers are a staple in our household. This year, since she is doing more “big girl” work, the Crayola Take Note! Erasable Highlighters will be perfect for that, especially if she accidentally highlights the wrong thing. Plus, they come in fun colors.
Every year, each teacher asks for Fiskars. Fiskars are great scissors, but why do we have to purchase them every single year? Why? This year, even though I don’t want to get another pair, I love the new Fiskars Kid Scissors. The scissors have heat-activated color change handles that change colors the longer they are held. Cool, right?
To label each of the items listed on this list, I purchased my very own P-Touch label maker and we also use fun labels from Mabel’s labels. Now, I just need to work on getting an electric pencil sharpener to sharpen each of the 96 pencils she has to have because last year I used a manual sharpener and my fingers hurt! Never again!!!
Pin this School Supply Shopping List for 2nd Grade!
Are you prepared for back to school season?
This back to school supply post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own and are honest. Post-It Notes, Crayola, and Mabel’s Labels provided product for review purposes only.